Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maybe no rain...

Hello friends!! It's been a while since I blogged! You'll be sad to hear that all my excitement about the rain has come to nothing-there hasn't been a drop for weeks!! It seems the weather is teasing us up here!

Here are some of the things that have been happening in Darwin-

-On Saturday night, myself and Kathi were having a competition to see who ould do the most arm culrs with a 5kg weight. I thought we would go for a few seconds, but it quickly turned into a full 5 minute effort. I must have put too much energy into it though, because even today I still can't stretch my right arm straight-all my muscles in my arm have cramped up! I've learnt something new about myslef, that I can be a little competetive! So can Kathi (we decided to finish together in the end because we were both in so much pain!!!!)

-Yesterday one of the younger girls who is boarding here got taken away due to constant bad behaviour. Pretty much neither the school or the dorms could control her anymore. I got really upset about the whole thing last night, because she is a FACS (Family and Children Services) kid, and has had a pretty hard life of being moved around a lot from place to place. I don't think she's had a lot of stability in her life in terms of family and relationships, which I think has probably efefcted her deeply (and who wouldn't be effected by something like that?). I was in the dorm when the FACS people came to take her away, and I could hear her crying and screaming in what I thought sounded a lot like fear and anger. I can only imagine that she would have been feeling very betrayed about the school kicking her out. I later found out that she is only on a two weeks suspension, so I am really thankful that the school is giving her another chance. I hope that if you have the time to think about it, you might be able to say a little prayer for her. I'm really worried about her.

-Lately I've been thinking a lot about how amazing God's love is for us, how the Creator of the universe, so perfect and Holy and HUGE, could possibly take the time to care about me and who actually wants to be involved in my life. Even though I hurt Him and sin all the time (I'll never learn will I??) He still keeps coming back and forgiving and loving me. And then, we're caleld to respond to this by passing it on EVERYONE around us, no conditions, no exceptions. We should be showing God's love to those around us, and there's no room for judgemetn against each other anymore, becuase Jesus dealt with all of that stuff on the Cross. It can be hard loving some people, but the point is God doesn't jsut put up with us, he loves us. So we can do the same for others.

Please comment and email and write to me and txt me! I miss you all and I think about you guys everyday! I'll see you all soon!

2 comments:

janette said...

Hi Amé, so good to hear some news.
Im sure the lovely drenching of rain is on its way, I am told the sky becomes alive as the storms roll in and its quite something to experience. just hope you dont experience cyclones!!!
Janette xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Amé,

It is a while since I have looked at your blog but it is lovely to read the comments you have added since I last looked. Your love for the students you work with is so evident and a delight to hear of. I am sure God is blessing you and them as you work and interact together. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

I expect the rain will eventually come with all the usual abundance! The lead up is fairly variable I believe. The high humidity is the thing that I found interesting and at times very uncomfortable - especially if you had to do too much exertion in your work activities. I don't think I would want to go to the gym and raise a sweat doing weights, etc.

(Glen Waverley is still here! They're getting NCYC panic at the moment when they realise that it is not that long to go and there is so much more that needs to be done to get ready in time.)

best wishes and God bless, Brian Clarkson