Monday, July 7, 2008

THE FIRST BLOG

I've never blogged before!

Firstly, can I just say thank you very much for coming to visit my blog! I appreciate it! I hope that over the next few months, this space would be a place where you can read about what I'm up to in the sunny spot of Darwin!

Yes, the date of departure is 2 days away, and yes I am excited, scared, enthusiastic, apprehensive and just about any other emotion that you can think of! For those of you who may not know what I'm heading off to do, I'll be spending the next 5 and a half months in a school called Kormilda College, which is 16km out of Darwin, working as a volunteer with the Indigenous students.

Why am I going? Well sometimes I ask myself the same question-I think I'm a little bit mad actually! I've got no idea where this is going to take me in life, but I'm really excited about trying to work it out and I'm sure I'll learn more along the way as I go! I'm just praying that I'm going in the right direction!

I hope you'll comment heaps while I'm away, it'll make me feel closer to home! I've decided that I won't actually be that far from home, as technology will enable me to communicate with you all at ease! I look forward to hearing from you!

Who will have the honour of holding the title of the first commenter on my blog??? I have my suspicions about who it will be!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

heyz ame~

im gona miss u soooo much while ur gone~ =[ i hope dat 5.5 monthz wil pass quickly~ n also wish dat u enjoy urself n b safe up der~

LUUUUUUUUUUUV YAAAAAA~ xD

Jesssss~ xxx

Unknown said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~ i wuz tha 1st 2 comment~ xD goooo meeee~ xD

Kaye said...

We will definitely miss you Ame! But know that this will be such a wonderful experience and a great way to serve.
Best wishes for the adventure ahead!

Hello! My Name is... said...

HEY AME!

I look forward to reading all about your amazing adventures..the VGroup team wont be the same without you!

I am so sorry I didnt reply to your email before now..Just got back yesterday, and its been a crazy morning trying to catch up with everything!

Hope you have a fantastic time..I will keep checking for updates to make sure youre okay and not missing me too much ;)

Lots of love,

Laura (S)

Unknown said...

aw i missed out on first comment! anyways, i will be checking this frequently! woohoo!! much love to yoU!

CarlyClement said...

Hey Ame!

Wow that is so incredible! i am so excited for you and i will be keeping you in my prayers and i am sure alot of other people are doing the same!!

I hope you have an awersome time!

xox
GB

Carly

CarlyClement said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awww Amé I will miss seeing your smiling face at everything VGen!
But you will have an amazing time, I can just feel it :)
I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you! But oh well, like you said, technology makes it as though you're not far from home at all!
Best of wishes,
Love Emily

Alice said...

Hey gorgeous! I was so excited to try and make the first comment :( but look at all the people that beat me!

Have so much fun Ame, I really hope you enjoy yourself so much!

jools said...

I'm so proud of you Ame ... I'm really excited about reading what God will reveal to you over these next number of months ...
Please look after yourself and enjoy what God has in store.
Hugs brother j

jane said...

hey MAe, hope you had a safe trip- mousturise up cause supposedly your skin gets really dry on areoplanes. I hope that your new home is up to scratch, and your rommies are cool, i hope it's all going great and the fun will kick in soon, i'm really excited for you
Love Jane

jane said...

omgoodness Joolian heyy- it's Jane long time no chat, hows Ireland, not too cold hahah well church is rockin these days but it probs won't for much longer cause amee's left us, it's very sad, but yeah i've added you on facebook- i'll comment you some time,
ily Ame
Jane

Becca said...

Hey Ame!!

Hope you've had some good moments today. Hasn't been a bad day for Bec.

Well gotta fly!

Love Bec

janette said...

Hi Amé,
It awfully quiet around here without you. We are excited and relieved to hear you have fitted in up North with ease, how could anyone NOT be excited to meet you Amé...you are a beautiful person. I look forward to reading more of your journey and the wonderful people you meet.
Miss you,
love Mumxoxo

janette said...

Hi Amé,
Its far too quiet here at home without you, we are so excited and relieved to know you have slotted into life up North with such ease. Look forward to reading your blog to learn the ins and outs of your journey.
Miss you
LOTS of love, MUmxoxox